Recipe by Kevin Young
A great little recipe if you have some leftover chicken laying around. It's good just to buy to chicken to make this too.
Top Review by bratty
This "little recipe" was a total hit, we loved it. I used some leftover chicken that had been smoked, and these tasted so rich. I also used buttermilk, as it was the only milk I had on hand. I left out the pimento's, just don't care for them. But otherwise, followed this exactly. The end mixture is a perfect balance of the ingredients, not overpowered by too many breadcrumbs. I served plain, but next time I may serve with a mushroom sauce. I will definately make this one again. Thanks for a change of pace meal.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, minced
- 1⁄4 cup canned pimiento, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute mushrooms in a frying pan over medium heat until wilted (about 10 minutes).
- Combine all the ingredients except the oil and flour together and mix well.
- Form chicken mixture into individual patties of desired size.
- Place patties on plate and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Dust patties with flour and fry in oil over medium-high heat until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with desired topping, I like a brown gravy, good by itself though.