Adapted from Woman's Day magazine. I changed all of the ingredients to lower fat versions, but the original called for the full fat stuff, so by all means use whichever you prefer. Good way to use up a little leftover corn and chicken. If you prefer to not buy pre-bagged salad, just add a little shredded red cabbage,carrots, and sliced radishes to your favorite salad greens. You may also sub any type of cooked beans you prefer - chickpeas, kidney beans, black-eyed peas, etc. Shredded leftover pork or turkey would also be nice in this.
- 1⁄4 cup reduced fat Italian dressing (creamy or regular)
- 1⁄4 cup chunky salsa (hot or mild)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed (2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn (canned or frozen & thawed)
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (American blend-the one with radish, carrots,red cabbage, and lettuce)
- 4 cups reduced fat tortilla chips, approximately
- 4 teaspoons low-fat sour cream, to taste (or regular)
- 4 teaspoons low-fat cheddar cheese, to taste (or regular)
- Mix dressing together in a large bowl.
- Add chicken,beans,corn,and salad greens and toss well to coat.
- Place about a small handful of tortilla chips (approx 1 cup) onto 4 serving plates, then portion out the salad on top.
- Place a dollop of sour cream on top of each and sprinkle with some shredded cheese.