1/1 Photo of Leftover Chicken Santa Fe Salad
Adapted from Woman's Day magazine. I changed all of the ingredients to lower fat versions, but the original called for the full fat stuff, so by all means use whichever you prefer. Good way to use up a little leftover corn and chicken. If you prefer to not buy pre-bagged salad, just add a little shredded red cabbage,carrots, and sliced radishes to your favorite salad greens. You may also sub any type of cooked beans you prefer - chickpeas, kidney beans, black-eyed peas, etc. Shredded leftover pork or turkey would also be nice in this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup reduced fat Italian dressing (creamy or regular)
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa (hot or mild)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups corn (canned or frozen & thawed)
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (American blend-the one with radish, carrots,red cabbage, and lettuce)
- 4 cups reduced fat tortilla chips, approximately
- 4 teaspoons low-fat sour cream, to taste (or regular)
- 4 teaspoons low-fat cheddar cheese, to taste (or regular)
- 1Mix dressing together in a large bowl.
- 2Add chicken,beans,corn,and salad greens and toss well to coat.
- 3Place about a small handful of tortilla chips (approx 1 cup) onto 4 serving plates, then portion out the salad on top.
- 4Place a dollop of sour cream on top of each and sprinkle with some shredded cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Chicken Santa Fe Salad
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.8
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 54.9 mg
- Sodium 426.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 29.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens