1/5 Photos of Leftover Chicken or Turkey Rice Casserole
I had a look at some of the other recipes like this on Recipezaar but mine is a little different so here it is. Occasionally we will have a roast turkey as a treat and this is what I make with the leftovers. I haven't made it with chicken yet but I'm sure it is just as tasty as with the turkey. It is also kid friendly, my 17 month old daughter will eat this no problem. (Cooking time includes 10 mins approx for cooking of rice)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red capsicum, chopped (bell pepper)
- 1 cup canned corn kernel
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon mustard (any is fine, choose your favourite)
- 250 g cooked chicken or 250 g cooked turkey, diced
- 100 g tasty cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- black pepper
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180C and spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Heat oil in a frypan and add garlic and onion, saute for 3 minutes.
- 3Add the capsicum, corn, 1/4 cup stock, thyme and pepper, cook until capsicum softens, approx 3 minutes.
- 4Stir in the remaining stock, rice, sour cream and mustard. Add the chicken and remove from heat.
- 5Stir in 1/3 of the cheese and parsley until well combined.
- 6Transfer mix to the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 7Cook for approx 20-25 mins until the casserole is heated through and the cheese has melted.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Chicken or Turkey Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.4
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 82.4 mg
- Sodium 477.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 27.7 g