Recipe by 911spatcher
This recipe is a combination of what I had left over from thanksgiving and what I had around the house. Not the traditional pot pie, but really good
- 1 -2 cup turkey or 1 -2 cup chicken, chopped
- 1 cup gravy, left over
- 1⁄2 cup broth, for thinning the gravy (if using fresh not needed)
- 1 cup mixed vegetables, whatever you have on hand I used frozen mixed veggies-thawed
- 1⁄2-1 cup French's French fried onions
- 1 pie crust, I use a no roll pie crust see below
Directions See How It's Made
- Mixed together the gravy, turkey and veggies, Set aside. Prepare the pie crust. May use frozen crust, partially bake until slightly golden. Fill with the gravy mixture. Bake 375°F for 30 minutes. Top with French Fried onions and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until onions are brown and the pie is bubbling.
- No Roll Pie Crust.
- 1 1/2 cup flour.
- 1 1/2 tsp suger.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
- 3 Tbsp cold milk.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together the milk and the oil. Mix oil mixture in with the flour mixture until incorporated. Press the pie dough down evenly in the pie dish. Bake 375 until lightly golden brown. Then fill with your favorite pie or quiche mixture.