Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
I used leftover Marinated Chicken With Cumin, Garlic & Lime in this. If your leftover chicken meat isn't very Mexican tasting, you might want to rub it with some cumin powder & chile powder first, or even some Mexican seasoning.
- 59.14 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml honey
- 2.46 ml hot sauce, to taste
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 (340.19 g) leftover cooked boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 340.19 g leftover cooked beef, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1-1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6-8 flour tortillas
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled and pitted
- 118.29 ml diced canned tomatoes or 118.29 ml salsa
- 4.92 ml garlic clove, minced
- 1 lime, juice of (will prevent discoloration) (optional)
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- salt, to taste
- In a shallow dish, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, corn syrup, hot sauce, and pepper. Add leftover meat strips, bell peppers and onion and toss to coat.
- Set a large greased stove-top grill pan over medium-medium high heat.
- Grill meats and veggies 5 to 7 minutes, drizzling any remaining juices over the top, until vegetables are cooked to your liking and meat is heated through.
- Transfer mixture to a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, warm tortillas in the microwave or according to package directions.
- To make the guacamole, in a zip-top bag or medium bowl, mash avocado lightly.
- Then add tomato, garlic, lime juice and cilantro and combine.
- Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
- Serve fajitas with guacamole, some sour cream, and salsa on the side.
I made these using the leftover marinated chicken as suggested and they were very tasty. I did not get a chance to make the guacamole though as my avocados went south before I could make the recipe and I didn't have time to run out and get more. I served with sour cream and salsa and with spinach tortillas. These were even better the next day. Thanks for sharing a quick and easy meal!