Top Review by cyaos
I made these using the leftover marinated chicken as suggested and they were very tasty. I did not get a chance to make the guacamole though as my avocados went south before I could make the recipe and I didn't have time to run out and get more. I served with sour cream and salsa and with spinach tortillas. These were even better the next day. Thanks for sharing a quick and easy meal!
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 (4 ounce) leftover cooked boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 12 ounces leftover cooked beef, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2-1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 -8 flour tortillas
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1⁄2 cup diced canned tomatoes or 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of (will prevent discoloration) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow dish, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, corn syrup, hot sauce, and pepper. Add leftover meat strips, bell peppers and onion and toss to coat.
- Set a large greased stove-top grill pan over medium-medium high heat.
- Grill meats and veggies 5 to 7 minutes, drizzling any remaining juices over the top, until vegetables are cooked to your liking and meat is heated through.
- Transfer mixture to a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, warm tortillas in the microwave or according to package directions.
- To make the guacamole, in a zip-top bag or medium bowl, mash avocado lightly.
- Then add tomato, garlic, lime juice and cilantro and combine.
- Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
- Serve fajitas with guacamole, some sour cream, and salsa on the side.