1/1 Photo of Leftover Chicken or Beef Fajitas With Fresh Guacamole
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 (4 ounce) leftover cooked boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 12 ounces leftover cooked beef, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2-1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 -8 flour tortillas
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup diced canned tomatoes or 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lime, juice of (will prevent discoloration) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- salt, to taste
- 1In a shallow dish, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, corn syrup, hot sauce, and pepper. Add leftover meat strips, bell peppers and onion and toss to coat.
- 2Set a large greased stove-top grill pan over medium-medium high heat.
- 3Grill meats and veggies 5 to 7 minutes, drizzling any remaining juices over the top, until vegetables are cooked to your liking and meat is heated through.
- 4Transfer mixture to a serving platter.
- 5Meanwhile, warm tortillas in the microwave or according to package directions.
- 6To make the guacamole, in a zip-top bag or medium bowl, mash avocado lightly.
- 7Then add tomato, garlic, lime juice and cilantro and combine.
- 8Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
- 9Serve fajitas with guacamole, some sour cream, and salsa on the side.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Chicken or Beef Fajitas With Fresh Guacamole
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.4
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 984.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 24.2 g