Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious, nutritious, quick and easy enchiladas made with the yummy leftover shredded chicken from The Best Shredded Chicken (Crock Pot) or Crock Pot Creamy Mexican Chicken (Aka Fiesta Chicken)
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (from The Best Shredded Chicken (Crock Pot) or Crock Pot Creamy Mexican Chicken (Aka Fiesta Chicken))
- 2 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (& any other kind you like)
- 12 ounces enchilada sauce
- 10 ounces plain yogurt (a healthier alternative to sour cream)
- 2 cups tofu (optional) or 2 cups corn (optional) or 2 cups black beans (optional) or 2 cups cooked zucchini (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place 1/4c chicken, 1/4c spinach, 1/4c cheese, 1/4c optional ingredients and one heaping spoonful of yogurt lengthwise on a wheat tortilla **NOTE: measurements do not need to be exact**.
- Roll up tortilla tightly and place seam side down in a 9x9 oven safe dish.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the remaining 3 tortillas.
- Pour enchilada sauce and remaining yogurt over rolled tortillas.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with rice and side of veggies.
- Enjoy and thank me later!
These were quick and easy, and we really loved them. You can customize based on what you have on hand. I like the yogurt instead of sour cream - my family didn't even notice the swap. If you have the time for homemade enchilada sauce, we like to use http://www.food.com/recipe/mexican-enchilada-sauce-109685.
These enchiladas were delicious! I used chicken from recipe #33671 that I had already cubed before finding this recipe and it worked wonderfully. I copied "Caroline Cooks" idea and made a sauce from light sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, and canned green chiles since my family doesn't like enchilada sauce. Even my 18 month old ate this up, and this is a very smart way to get her to eat spinach! She already loves black beans, so I added those as well. Thanks for sharing!
It was really good. I didn't have yogurt so omitted it entirely from the recipe. I did add enchilada sauce to the chicken mix to prevent it from drying while cooking since I didn't use the yogurt. I added black beans and canned corn. I used 2% shredded cheddar to cut back on calories and fat. It tasted great! A great way to use leftover chicken! Thanks!