Recipe by Motivated Mama
Delicious, nutritious, quick and easy enchiladas made with the yummy leftover shredded chicken from The Best Shredded Chicken (Crock Pot) or Crock Pot Creamy Mexican Chicken (Aka Fiesta Chicken)
Top Review by Heather'sCookin
These were quick and easy, and we really loved them. You can customize based on what you have on hand. I like the yogurt instead of sour cream - my family didn't even notice the swap. If you have the time for homemade enchilada sauce, we like to use http://www.food.com/recipe/mexican-enchilada-sauce-109685.
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (from The Best Shredded Chicken (Crock Pot) or Crock Pot Creamy Mexican Chicken (Aka Fiesta Chicken))
- 2 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (& any other kind you like)
- 12 ounces enchilada sauce
- 10 ounces plain yogurt (a healthier alternative to sour cream)
- 2 cups tofu (optional) or 2 cups corn (optional) or 2 cups black beans (optional) or 2 cups cooked zucchini (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place 1/4c chicken, 1/4c spinach, 1/4c cheese, 1/4c optional ingredients and one heaping spoonful of yogurt lengthwise on a wheat tortilla **NOTE: measurements do not need to be exact**.
- Roll up tortilla tightly and place seam side down in a 9x9 oven safe dish.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the remaining 3 tortillas.
- Pour enchilada sauce and remaining yogurt over rolled tortillas.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with rice and side of veggies.
- Enjoy and thank me later!