lena olafsson's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- left over cooked chicken
- 3 green chilies
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 piece fresh ginger, skinned
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons water (for ginger or garlic paste)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut milk (if you prefer more sauce use 2)
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 1chop the onion and chilis small.
- 2In a blender put water ginger and peeled garlic and blend it.
- 3If mixture is too thick add a bit more water.
- 4The paste should be the consistancy of apple sauce.
- 5set aside.
- 6Heat the oil in the pan and add the onion and chilis, cook till the onion is transparent take onions/chilis out with a slotted spoon and put in the blender.
- 7Add mustard seeds to oil and cook until they start to pop.
- 8Add the ginger garlic paste and spices,fry for about a minute.
- 9blend coconut milk with the onion and chilis in the Blender until the chilis are nothing but minute green specks.
- 10In a pot heat chicken in a bit more oil.
- 11Add the chicken to the spice mixture and add the blended coconut milk to the chicken, heat thoroughly.
- 12add salt to taste serve with white basmati rice.
- 13*note:add as many chilis as you want to make this dish spicier.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Chicken Coconut Curry
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.1
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: