lena olafsson's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- left over cooked chicken
- 3 green chilies
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 piece fresh ginger, skinned
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons water (for ginger or garlic paste)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut milk (if you prefer more sauce use 2)
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 1chop the onion and chilis small.
- 2In a blender put water ginger and peeled garlic and blend it.
- 3If mixture is too thick add a bit more water.
- 4The paste should be the consistancy of apple sauce.
- 5set aside.
- 6Heat the oil in the pan and add the onion and chilis, cook till the onion is transparent take onions/chilis out with a slotted spoon and put in the blender.
- 7Add mustard seeds to oil and cook until they start to pop.
- 8Add the ginger garlic paste and spices,fry for about a minute.
- 9blend coconut milk with the onion and chilis in the Blender until the chilis are nothing but minute green specks.
- 10In a pot heat chicken in a bit more oil.
- 11Add the chicken to the spice mixture and add the blended coconut milk to the chicken, heat thoroughly.
- 12add salt to taste serve with white basmati rice.
- 13*note:add as many chilis as you want to make this dish spicier.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Chicken Coconut Curry
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.1
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: