Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Leftover Chicken Coconut Curry recipe from Food.com.
- left over cooked chicken
- 3 green chilies
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 piece fresh ginger, skinned
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons water (for ginger or garlic paste)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut milk (if you prefer more sauce use 2)
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- chop the onion and chilis small.
- In a blender put water ginger and peeled garlic and blend it.
- If mixture is too thick add a bit more water.
- The paste should be the consistancy of apple sauce.
- set aside.
- Heat the oil in the pan and add the onion and chilis, cook till the onion is transparent take onions/chilis out with a slotted spoon and put in the blender.
- Add mustard seeds to oil and cook until they start to pop.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and spices,fry for about a minute.
- blend coconut milk with the onion and chilis in the Blender until the chilis are nothing but minute green specks.
- In a pot heat chicken in a bit more oil.
- Add the chicken to the spice mixture and add the blended coconut milk to the chicken, heat thoroughly.
- add salt to taste serve with white basmati rice.
- *note:add as many chilis as you want to make this dish spicier.