A perfect way to use up leftover roast chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 4 slices streaky bacon, cut into lardons
- 2 slices white bread, cubed (thick slices)
- butter (for frying)
- 2 cos lettuce
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 5 ounces fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- roasted chicken meat, cut into small pieces
- 1Peel the garlic and place in a pan with the wine. Bring to the boil and cook for about five minutes until the cloves are soft.
- 2Take two pans. Crisp the bacon in one and cook the bread cubes in some butter until golden brown in the other one.
- 3Remove the leaves from the lettuce and wash and dry well, then cut into chunky pieces.
- 4Using a hand blender, add the wine and garlic together with the egg yolks, anchovy and cheese and blend, adding the oil slowly to stop the mix from splitting. Add the mustard and seasoning to taste.
- 5Put everything into a bowl together with the leftover chicken and mix together. Season and serve.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Chicken Caesar Salad
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 914.5
- Calories from Fat 721
- Total Fat 80.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 237.3 mg
- Sodium 971.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 24.5 g