Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
What to do with leftover chicken that the entire family will like.. Feel free to add chilli flakes or black pepper. I'm cooking for toddlers so we add that at the table. If I don't have enough cream, I make up the difference with sour cream added after the pasta has been mixed in.
- 226.79 g dry fettuccine
- 14.79 ml salt
- 473.18 ml cooked white chicken meat, cubed (leave out the skin)
- 473.18 ml cream
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 118.29 ml frozen peas
- Put water on to boil. Add enough salt so that the water tastes salty. For 8 cups of water I add about a tablespoon of salt. Trust me, your pasta will taste much better and you will need hardly any in the sauce.
- Add the pasta once the water has started to boil and cook until 'el dente'. It will cook a bit more in the sauce, so you want it a bit underdone.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the cream and chicken cubes into a skillet. Heat until bubbly and slightly reduced.
- Add in green onion and remove from heat.
- Drain pasta reserving a cup of the liquid. Add pasta to sauce and mix well. Stir in frozen peas and parmesean.
- If the pasta is looking a little dry or too thick, add back in a bit of the pasta water or some sour cream.
Very bland. Reduce cream, add butter and garlic.