Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
We have this the morning after we have grilled bratwurst. I boil my brats in beer, green bell pepper slices, and onion slices before grilling. The left over brats, peppers, and onions are great in a scramble (especially if you had too many beers the night before). :)
- 2 red potatoes
- 1 bratwurst, leftover from beer boil and grill
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, leftover from beer boil
- 1⁄2 small onion, leftover from beer boil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika (to taste)
- 8 eggs, cracked and beaten
- Prick the potatoes multiple times with a fork and cook in microwave for 3 minutes. Turn and cook an additional 2 minutes. Set aside to cool and then cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cut leftover bratwurst into 1/2 cubes.
- Roughly chop the leftover peppers and onions.
- Pan fry the potatoes, bratwurst, peppers, onions, and spices in the vegetable oil for about 5 minutes over meduim heat, turning often. Season with salt and pepper.
- Push the potato mixture to the side of the pan and scramble the eggs, lightly incorporating the potato mixture when the eggs are just about done.
- Top with a bit of hot sauce if desired.
My husband is a brat fan, but we control our diet all year around! But sometimes you've just got to let yourself have those yummy tastes. I don't eat the brats, I had hot doggies, but this leftover breakfast my husband just loved! I halved it, so he will eat it for 2 days, and won't have to worry about breakfast, since he leaves at 4:30 AM. I added a little bit of Swiss cheese. He loved it!
This was tasty! I've never had bratwurst in the morning so it was a nice change. Made as stated! Made for ZWT4 Family Picks for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
This was very good. I really liked having bratwurst in the morning. (Of course, I like bratwurst anytime!) I didnâ€™t use bell pepper, just personal preference.