Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great way to use left over roast. I usually put in a couple of Chopped Jalapeno peppers but it depends if you like it hot or not
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 sweet green pepper, sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked roast beef, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups taco sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- Saute the onion & garlic until the garlic is fragrent & the onion is soft.
- Add the sweet peppers for a minute.
- Remove from heat add beef and 1/2 cup taco sauce.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup of the meat mixture down the middle of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp of cheese.
- Fold the tortilla sides up so they overlap slightly.
- Place them side by side, seam side down, in a 11x7 baking dish.
- Spoon the remaining Taco sauce over them.
- Spoon the sour cream in a line down the middle.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in 350F degrees oven for about 30 minutes.
Wonderful, quick and different! We had a large leftover BBQ'd steak which I cubed. Followed your directions except for the addition of cumin to the onion/pepper medley. Purchased an excellent green salsa and added to the mixture. Poured a red salsa over the assembled batch and topped with fat free sour cream. Very filling indeed!
I made these the other night with my leftover roast, and it came out so yummy! The only change I made was to use a can of enchilada sauce versus the taco sauce. I will use this again for sure, thanks for posting!
Had lots of left over roast beef that I shredded (we prefer shredded to the cubed). I had to use enchilada sauce since that was what was in the cupbpoard. But what made this a great recipe was the addition of the peppers and onions which I sauted. We LOVED these enchilads. Thanks for a great dinner idea, Bergy.