Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I came up with to use up leftover BBQ pulled pork. It was such a hit with my boys that I thought I would post it. The recipe as written uses a loaf of Rhodes bread dough as the pizza crust, but I'm sure you could use any crust of your choice, just follow the cooking instructions for that crust. I have tried this pizza on a pizza stone and on a cookie sheet, and the crust comes out crispier on a cookie sheet. Note, the prep time assumes that your bread dough has already been thawed and is ready to use.
- 1 loaf rhodes bread dough (thawed & risen, or pizza crust of your choice)
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup pork (BBQ, pulled or shredded) or 1 cup chicken (BBQ, pulled or shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple (chunked)
- hot pepper (pizza peppers) (optional)
- Form dough into a ball, then roll into approximately a 13 inch long oval and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Remove the plastic wrap and spread the BBQ sauce onto the dough, leaving approximately a 1/2 inch edge around the dough without sauce.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the sauce, covering evenly.
- Top the cheese with the BBQ pork or chicken and pineapple.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, cut with pizza cutter, top with pizza peppers (optional) and enjoy.
I made Recipe #116173 in the crock pot yesterday and wanted to try something different than just standard leftovers. I also had a fresh pineapple that I had just cut up this morning. While I'm not entirely a fan of meat & fruit together, I thought I'd try this recipe. I made my own thin crust with Recipe #70165 (excellent thin crust, btw). I think I would like it much better (personally) without the pineapple, but that's just my preference/taste. This was an excellent recipe, good use of leftovers and a wonderful change from the standard leftovers and/or pizza. Thanks for sharing.
This was soooo good. DH didn't think he would like it when he saw me making it, but changed his mind when tasting it. Used fresh pineapple and left over pulled pork with Thin crust pizza crust. YUM!
Amazing, I made two this weekend and both were great. However I used crushed pinapple on one and it turned out best.