Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a go to recipe in my family. We use it to use our leftover taco meat. This is a recipe I've tweaked from my childhood. It was called Mexi Mix Casserole, from a kids cookbook. It was originally just a can of beans, a cup of corn kernels, a half a cup of shredded cheese and a cup of crushed nacho's. Heat in microwave for 4-8 minutes and your set. The recipe I serve my kids today is just as simple and uses up our left over taco meat and pico de galo.
- 1 (19 ounce) can corn niblets (drained)
- 1 (14 ounce) can baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup nacho chip (crushed)
- 1 cup approximately left over turkey taco meat
- 1 cup left over pico de gallo or 1⁄2 salsa, and 1/2 diced tomato's
- Mix all ingredients in a decent size casserole dish (I have used the slow cooker).
- Reserve a little bit of cheese to sprinkle on top.
- Put in oven heated to 350 for 20 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove lid for another 5 minutes.
- Let cool. This is very hot.
- I serve this with plain yogurt for the kids and try to reserve a bit of pico de gallo to top mine.
- This can also be wrapped in a tortilla and possibly taken for lunch the next day. Or served with chips as a dip.