Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I had a piece of steak in the fridge from 2 days prior and really wanted some thing good so I was looking around my fridge to see what I could do with the stak and wah la this is what I came up with its delicious
- 1 piece of left over steak
- 1 small yellow onion
- 29.58 ml flour
- 59.14 ml butter (2 tbls for onions&2tbls for cheese sauce)
- 59.14 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 59.14 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 59.14 ml milk
- any kind of soft dinner rolls (your choice) or hot dogs (your choice) or hamburger roll (your choice)
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 0.25 ml salt and pepper
- 1.slice onion in strips.
- 2. Heat up pan and melt 2 tbls of butter.
- 3. Place onions in pan with melted butter and stir watching that you don't burn the onion.
- 4. Sprinkle sugar ontop of onions (helps with carmelization process) cook until translucent remove onions and butter and set to the side.
- 5. In the same pan melt the other 2 tbls of butter when melted stir in flour ( it will clump)
- 6 stir in milk and add cheese you may use more milk to thin cheese sauce.
- 7. Turn off heat and set aside
- 8 slice steak in thin strips.
- 9 assemble sandwich steak, onions, cheese sauce.
This was a lovely decadent treat. Yummy, tender beef, caramelized sweet red onions and a mixture of cheeses in a sauce...what could be better tasting. It was awesome, so much flavor, great textures, very satisfying and comforting. The sauce was very thick, It needed an additional 2/3 cup of milk to become velvety and smooth. I used a submarine bun, and leftover pot roast, they worked perfectly. Great instructions, easy to follow with terrific results. I can't wait to try this again, with sirloin steak and some fried mushrooms. Thanks for sharing your recipe vanillanspice19, this was made for Fall Pac/12