Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I wanted to make something special out of my left-over pork roast and improvised on a Jambalaya recipe I had used from a Simple and Delicious magazine - the family loved the results. This is not a spicy dish as I had toddlers eating it too but it could very easily be spiced up.
- Into dutch oven.
- Add bite sized chunks of cooked pork roast.
- Add chicken broth and water.
- Add thinly sliced celery and onion.
- Add tomatoes with juice.
- Add salt.
- Add long-grained white rice.
- Add butter, thyme, garlic pepper and bay leaves.
- Add minced garlic.
- Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer covered 45 minutes or longer.
- Keeping the dish on warm until serving only makes it taste better -- just keep it from boiling. Remove bay leaves before serving. More salt might be needed according to taste.
i loved making this quick n easy dish...I did add some spice by adding about a teaspoon of chili powder and then improvised by adding dry basil leaves since I didnt have bay leaves or thyme....it is scrumptious!! Thank you!
This is one of the best recipes I've seen for leftover roast. It was very simple and very tasty. Thanks for sharing!
This was so simple and good. I added cajun seasoning as we like spicy. It left a good taste in my mouth. The only downside was that I was tempted to overeat :-)