1 hr 30 mins
Chef Learnee's Note:
I wanted to make something special out of my left-over pork roast and improvised on a Jambalaya recipe I had used from a Simple and Delicious magazine - the family loved the results. This is not a spicy dish as I had toddlers eating it too but it could very easily be spiced up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Into dutch oven.
- 2Add bite sized chunks of cooked pork roast.
- 3Add chicken broth and water.
- 4Add thinly sliced celery and onion.
- 5Add tomatoes with juice.
- 6Add salt.
- 7Add long-grained white rice.
- 8Add butter, thyme, garlic pepper and bay leaves.
- 9Add minced garlic.
- 10Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 11Turn heat down and simmer covered 45 minutes or longer.
- 12Keeping the dish on warm until serving only makes it taste better -- just keep it from boiling. Remove bay leaves before serving. More salt might be needed according to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Left-Over Pork Roast Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.3
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 1087.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic pepper seasoning