Recipe by Rita~
I made a Saturday Turkey dinner with lots of Sour Cream and Onion Mashed Potatoes or Stuffed, Turkey Injection Sauce With Honey, Herbs and Spice, Giblet Stock from Turkey or Chicken or ?? for Soup or Gravy, Monday Oven-Roasted Kale, Fassuliah K'dra -- Beans With Saffron (Morocco - North Africa), which is very flavorful. BUT!!!! You don't need to make what recipes I made to get to this delish hearty soup. Very workable.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 8 cups turkey stock (with some leftover shredded turkey Giblet Stock from Turkey or Chicken or ?? for Soup or Gravy)
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes (Sour Cream and Onion Mashed Potatoes or Stuffed or Use your favorite)
- 2 cups cannellini beans (if canned do rinsed and add extra herbs and seasoning or try Fassuliah K'dra -- Beans With Saffron (Morocco - North Africa))
- 3 cups cooked kale (Oven-Roasted Kale)
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- grated cheese, to season
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot heat oil add onions, garlic, and celery cooking for 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except garnish and simmer for 30 minutes. Taste to see if salt and pepper is needed. Don`t forget the leftover`s are seasoned and the cheese is salty.