Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
There is always some meat left on it.. this soup is wonderful.
- 1 chicken carcass
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 kosher tsp salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion
- 6 carrots, cleaned and sliced
- 2 stalks celery & leaves, washed and cut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- 10 ounces egg noodles, cooked
- 1. Place broth, water, salt, pepper, onion 2 carrots, 1 stalk celery, dill and carcass into a pot.
- 2. Bring to a boil then simmer at least 2 hours.
- 3. Using a cheese cloth strainer. pour soup over and into another pot.
- 4. Remove chicken from the bones and gather any loose chicken, then place into the strained pot of soup. Discard the rest of the bones and cooked veggies.
- 5. Add the remaining 4 carrots and stalk of celery to the soup.
- 6. Bring to a boil then simmer at least one hour. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 7. Put cooked noodles into the pot and serve!
Yum! The recipe extracted a great deal of flavour from the chicken carcass and it had a wonderful aroma during cooking. The chicken broth I was using was quite salty so I cut back on the amount of salt and the only other change I made just to suit what I had on hand was use rice noodles instead of egg noodles. I put those in the pot and cooked along with the soup for the final 15 minutes. It made a great tasting and substantial soup which we really enjoyed along with some crusty buttered rolls.
How much water????
How much water do you put in the Recepi ? It does not say it in the ingredients .