Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
There is always some meat left on it.. this soup is wonderful.
Make and share this Left-Over Chicken Carcass Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1. Place broth, water, salt, pepper, onion 2 carrots, 1 stalk celery, dill and carcass into a pot.
- 2. Bring to a boil then simmer at least 2 hours.
- 3. Using a cheese cloth strainer. pour soup over and into another pot.
- 4. Remove chicken from the bones and gather any loose chicken, then place into the strained pot of soup. Discard the rest of the bones and cooked veggies.
- 5. Add the remaining 4 carrots and stalk of celery to the soup.
- 6. Bring to a boil then simmer at least one hour. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 7. Put cooked noodles into the pot and serve!
Yum! The recipe extracted a great deal of flavour from the chicken carcass and it had a wonderful aroma during cooking. The chicken broth I was using was quite salty so I cut back on the amount of salt and the only other change I made just to suit what I had on hand was use rice noodles instead of egg noodles. I put those in the pot and cooked along with the soup for the final 15 minutes. It made a great tasting and substantial soup which we really enjoyed along with some crusty buttered rolls.
I've got a sick one at home. Next to Vicks Vabor Rub, this is a wonder drug.
Can't believe I never rated this soup-it's sensational! Have bought many roasted chickens just to make it and everyone raves about how good it is. Getting ready to make a pot for tomorrow and misplaced my recipe. Love it! Thanks for posting.