Recipe by Gtahavefaith
OK, for several years we tried to make the right lefse that rolled out wonderfully and tasted as good as Grandma's. This is finally perfection for our family.
- 4 cups potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- flour, for rolling
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes in the oven, allow to cool enough to scoop from the skins.
- Rice potatoes twice.
- Add butter, cream, sugar and flour.
- Mix together all ingredients with hands.
- Shape mixture into egg or small softball size balls.
- Each batch is approximately 12 balls.
- Cool overnight in refrigerator.
- Next morning roll out balls using square cut rolling pin (this is the best pin for rolling lefse) to almost paper thin. Don't forget to use flour or the lefse will stick to your rolling surface.
- Using a lefse turning stick place lefse on oiled griddle (500°F).
- After lefse has heated flip it using turning stick.
- Color should be golden brown.
- Place warm lefse between muslin to cool.
- Cut into quarters or just fold into quarter.
- Can be frozen or in refrigerator for a couple weeks.