Recipe by Julie Leo
This is my favorite lefse recipe. When I make this I think of who made these. She is not with us any more so this is real special to me. The way most Norwegians in Iowa/Minnisota eat this is with butter and sugar, also with butter and jelly. Hope you enjoy your Lefse. The time does not include making mashed potatoes.
- 3 cups mashed potatoes (cold & no liquids added)
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup flour (scant)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together and knead well.
- Roll into long rolls, cut into 12 pieces.
- Roll out on a floured board (using as little flour as possible) about the size of a dinner plate.
- Bake on a hot grill, turning before lefse sticks and when brown spot and bubbles appear.
- Watch closely; it doesn't take long.