Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
My daughter hates pancakes but she LOVES these ones. Whole wheat, oats, almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds and wheat germ.
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Mix oats, whole wheat flour, flour baking soda baking powder, salt sugar, almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, wheat germ together in food processor pluse until nuts and seeds are finely ground. Transfer to bowl.
- In small bowl combine buttermilk egg and oil whisk together.
- Mix butter milk mixture with dry ingredients stir well.
- Lightly oil griddle. With a 1/3 cup measuring cup pour batter onto hot griddle. Cook til lightly browned and flip.
- Serve with maple syrup or topped with fresh fruit.
Nutty goodness in every bite, these are sure to please! Great with syrup or fruit over the top. Kids request these often on the weekends.
These were nice pancakes & I love the fact that their fiull of protein. I used almonds & cinnamon cashews for the nuts & recipe #288565 for the buttermilk, served with recipe #331578 for a tasty brekky!
we love these! perfectly nutty and healthy. thanks for sharing!