Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My daughter brought home some pasta salad that she liked and between the two of us we have tried to copy it and this is what we came up with.
- 3 cups pasta, uncooked (we use Catelli Bistro fusilli vegetable tricolor pasta)
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped fine
- 10 green beans, chopped very small
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (grated or diced small enough to cook in 9 minutes)
- 1⁄4 cup peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup peppercorn ranch dressing (bottled)
- 1⁄4 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- In a large pot of boiling water add pasta, brocolli, green beans, grated carrots, peas and salt. Boil for 9 minutes.
- Rinse and drain pasta and vegetables well. Transfer to large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix all salad dressing ingredients mix well.
- Add salad dressing to pasta and mix well.
- Chill just before serving squeeze fresh lemon juice over pasta salad mix well, serve.
My 13 yo DD made this to help with supper. We actually liked it better warm. We used whole wheat rotini, and I like that the measurement is in cups, rather than ounces. Will put in more vegetables next time.
I loved your "daughter-approved" pancake recipe so I thought I'd give this salad a try! I figured it would be "kid-friendly" and my teens would enjoy it. I liked the addition of pepper parmesan dressing and added some addt.freshly ground black pepper. The noodles do absorb the dressing upon refrig. so one might like to add more before serving. It's our second day enjoying the colorful salad. Thanks Calee, for posting your family recipe. Roxygirl