Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is my Dad's recipe-easy and good.
Make and share this Lee's Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces fresh salsa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- prepared stuffing (optional)
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients together-except stuffing.
- If using stuffing pat meat mixture into a rectangle, place prepared stuffing in the middle and roll meat mixture around it to loaf shape.
- Place mixture into an ungreased loaf pan.
- Bake in a 360* oven 1 1/2 hours or until done.
This is a great meatloaf to take to a Pot Luck Dinner. I cook it, place something heavy on top of it while it is cooling. Then it slices perfectly,(does not crumble when slicing) Fan it out on a platter and add a little parsley on the side and it is a beautiful presentation.
I don't like using ketchup in my meatloaf, so this was a great alternative. Thank you.
Made it without the stuffing. Had mashed potatoes on the side & a veggie. Pretty nifty change from the routine meatloaf. Family ate it up.