Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was served at a little sandwich shop that was located in the office building where I used to work. During the summer I make this several times a week - it's so delicious and refreshing! I like it with red grapes, but green will work as well!
- 1⁄4 medium watermelon
- 8 ounces strawberries
- 1 bunch seedless grapes
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 -6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cut the watermelon into small cubes, or make balls using a melon baller.
- Slice the strawberries.
- Cut each of the grapes in half.
- Mix all fruits in a bowl.
- Stir the sugar and cinnamon into the orange juice until both are dissolved. Placing in a jar and shaking works well for this too (the amount of sugar and cinnamon may be adjusted to your personal taste).
- Pour the juice over the fruit and stir until well coated. You may not use all of the juice mixture, but don't use too little - make sure all of the fruit is well coated.
- Chill well.
Very good - just perfect with sandwiches and chips. Next time I will cut down the orange juice though. Thanks for sharing!
I made a full recipe and that did 3 of us 2 desserts. I used rockmelon and honeydew melon for the watermelon and omitted the sugar as I feel the fruits and the orange juice are sweet enough but really enjoyed the hint of cinnamon, served with french vanilla yoghurt for a delicious and refreshing dessert. Thank you loof, made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #72 January 2013.
This was light and refreshing. I followed the recipe other then I used Splenda instead of sugar and we all enjoyed this.