Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very tasty casserole that is also quick to fix and can be made with varied ingredients.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, fat free (98 %)
- 1⁄2 cup milk (or soy milk)
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 lb broccoli (steamed)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken or 1⁄2 cup turkey, cut in about 1/2-inch pieces
- Stir together soup, milk, mustard, broccoli, chicken, and cheese and place in an oven proof container. (I steam the broccoli about 8 minutes).
- Mix bread crumbs and butter together and sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Note: I have sometimes added mushrooms, olives, and onions. I like the addition of the yellow mustard.
Very tasty casserole. I made this without the meat and served it for a meatless meal and had a salad along the side. I adopted this chef for PAC 2008.