Recipe by Colorado Lauralee
This salad causes a stir each time I take it to a gathering, I am asked for the recipe and the salad disappears! It has a southwest flavor, and we like to have it at home with a beef steak off the grill.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups corn (fresh or frozen & thawed)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons southwest seasoning, mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine beans, corn peppers, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix the lime juice, oil, seasoning mix, and salt. Pour over the salad.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to allow flavors to develop.
- The passive time is refrigeration time.
- It's also low in calories!