Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3 large leeks
- 2 tablespoons butter (or soy butter)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled 1/2 inch diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Cook leeks (covered, low heat) in butter with salt and pepper for 10 minutes. DO NOT BROWN!
- Add water, broth, and potatoes. Cook 20 minutes.
- Scoop 1/2 of soup out from pan, place in blender, puree, return to pan.
- Add dash of marjoram and tabasco.
This was good & very easy to make. The marjoram was different for me but I enjoyed the soup. My 6yo who claims to hate leeks was licking her bowl. ;)