1/1 Photo of Leeky-Fish Chowder
Queen Butter-Bean's Note:
This is my fish chowder with leeks and corn. This recipe is kosher and is a dairy meal, so I used a vegetarian chicken-flavored stock. (The brand is Imagine "no-chicken" stock and can be found in the health food section of the grocery store). This is a great heavy chowder for cold rainy days. The ingredients are inexpensive and the whole thing is prepared in one pot, so there is very little cleanup! Enjoy!
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut off the green parts of the leeks and throw them away. Dice the white parts of the leeks and rinse well in a colander, as they will be sandy.
- 2Melt butter in the bottom of the soup pot and add the diced leeks. Saute until leeks are soft.
- 3Add minced garlic.
- 4Pour in the stock and bring to a boil.
- 5Add the diced potatoes and let them cook in the boiling stock.
- 6Add milk and stir.
- 7Add fish.
- 8Allow to cook at a low boil for about 10 minutes, until fish is no longer translucent.
- 9Drain and add the can of corn.
- 10Add flour to thicken, if desired.
- 11Add salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leeky-Fish Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.3
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 119.4 mg
- Sodium 149.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: