Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a Rachel Ray recipe from her Everyday magazine.
Make and share this Leeky, Creamy Chicken-And-Dumpling Stoup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 leeks, white and tender green parts halved and thinly sliced
- 5 celery ribs, from the heart with leaves thinly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into small chunks
- 24 ounces of fresh gnocchi
- 1⁄3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- (you can substitute 1% milk for the heavy cream).
- In a Dutch oven or soup pot, heat the olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, over medium heat. Add the leeks, celery, bay leaf and salt and pepper to taste and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in cream, lower heat and simmer until the soup bubbles at the edges.
- Add the chicken and the gnocchi and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove bayleaf, stir in the parsley, sherry, and paprika.
- Serve hot.