This is a Rachel Ray recipe from her Everyday magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 leeks, white and tender green parts halved and thinly sliced
- 5 celery ribs, from the heart with leaves thinly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into small chunks
- 24 ounces of fresh gnocchi
- 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1(you can substitute 1% milk for the heavy cream).
- 2In a Dutch oven or soup pot, heat the olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, over medium heat. Add the leeks, celery, bay leaf and salt and pepper to taste and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- 4Stir in cream, lower heat and simmer until the soup bubbles at the edges.
- 5Add the chicken and the gnocchi and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6Remove bayleaf, stir in the parsley, sherry, and paprika.
- 7Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leeky, Creamy Chicken-And-Dumpling Stoup
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.1
- Calories from Fat 485
- Total Fat 53.9 g
- Saturated Fat 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 228.8 mg
- Sodium 941.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 35.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: