Leeky, Creamy Chicken-And-Dumpling Stoup
- (you can substitute 1% milk for the heavy cream).
- In a Dutch oven or soup pot, heat the olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, over medium heat. Add the leeks, celery, bay leaf and salt and pepper to taste and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in cream, lower heat and simmer until the soup bubbles at the edges.
- Add the chicken and the gnocchi and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove bayleaf, stir in the parsley, sherry, and paprika.
- Serve hot.