1/1 Photo of Leeks with mustards and cheese
Leeks with cheese is a traditional dish in the Netherlands, the two mustards add a nice tang to this dish. If you are not a big mustard fan, start with using 1/2 tablespoons of the mustard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1360.77 g baby leeks, trimmed and washed and cut in half
- salt and pepper
- 56.69 g butter
- 85.04 g plain flour
- 425 ml milk
- 170.09 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 28.34 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 14.79 ml coarse grain mustard
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- freshly grated nutmeg
For the topping
- 29.58-44.37 ml fresh white breadcrumbs
- 28.34 g grated cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Place the leeks in a pan of cold salted water, bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes until just tender.
- 3Drain and put under cold water immediately to refresh and stop the cooking process.
- 4Place the butter, flour and milk in a saucepan and slowly bring up to the boil whisking all the time.
- 5Once it is up to the boil, reduce the heat and let it just simmer for 2 minutes.
- 6Add the grated cheddar and parmesan, then the mustards.
- 7Season with salt and pepper and the nutmeg.
- 8Put the leeks into a shallow serving dish and pour over the sauce.
- 9Mix the breadcrumbs and the cheese together and sprinkle over the top of the leeks.
- 10Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the top is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leeks with mustards and cheese
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.1
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.9 mg
- Sodium 458.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard