1/2 Photos of Leeks With Mustard Dressing
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe comes from 500 ALL-TIME GREAT RECIPES cookbook I recently received from my partner in the current Cookbook Swap! A note is made that if you can find the tender, baby (pencil thin) leeks, use 16 of them for this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Steam leeks over a saucepan of boiling water until they are just tender.
- 2Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together mustard & vinegar.
- 3Cut egg in half lengthwise & scoop egg yolk into the bowl & mash it thoroughly into the mustard mixture, using a fork.
- 4Gradually work in the oil to make a smooth sauce, then season to taste with salt & pepper.
- 5Life leeks out of steamer & place on several layers of paper towels, then cover them with more paper towels & pat dry.
- 6Transfer leeks to serving dish while still warm.
- 7Spoon dressing over them & let cool.
- 8Finely chop egg white using a large sharp knife, then mix with chopped fresh parsley & scatter over the leeks.
- 9Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leeks With Mustard Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.0
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 120.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar