Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious way to enjoy leeks, braised and dressed with a mustard vinaigrette. It is surprisingly sweet and can be seasoned with your own favorite herb, rather than summer savory, if you prefer.
- 2 medium leeks, halved lengthwise,washed well
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 sprig fresh summer savory
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- chopped herbs (to garnish)
- Place leeks, cut side up, in a large straight-sided skillet; add stock and summer savory and bring to a boil over high heat; add butter, reduce heat and simmer 10-12 minutes, until leeks are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife.
- Carefully place leeks on a serving platter and set aside; strain cooking liquid and reserve 2 T, saving the remainder for another use.
- Whisk vinegar and mustard; add oil gradually and whisk until emulsified; whisk in reserved leek liquid; season with salt and pepper and pour over leeks, to taste; garnish and serve warm or chilled.