Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy...can increase the balsamic vinegar and oil to taste. Great alongside a steak & baked potato.
- 8 medium leeks, washed,trimmed well
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley
- Split the trimmed leeks lengthwise, leaving the white root ends whole.
- Make certain all sand is rinsed away.
- Bundle leeks and tie with string.
- Drop into saucepan of boiling water and simmer, covered, about 12 minutes, until just tender.
- Toss with the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and parsley, and serve at once.
Mmmmmmm, this was so good! I had it with chia's parmesan crusted tomatoes. What a treat! Thanks Tish!