Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Also known as Bacon 'n' Leeks. Use tempeh bacon for vegetarian version. Easy! I threw this together a few nights ago. I could very well win a major award for this recipe!
- 1 lb leek, white parts only, washed of grit, drained
- 2 -3 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup celery rib, minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- black pepper (read *NOTE)
- *NOTE: Can use pepper bacon instead in which case you would omit the black pepper seasoning as indicated in the recipe directions.
- Discard green parts of leeks and thinly slice the white parts.
- In large saute pan on medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. DO NOT burn! Set aside on paper towel. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat.
- Add the garlic and saute 30 seconds. Then add the leeks and celery sauteeing another 4-5 minutes or until softnened, stirring often.
- Crumble the bacon and stir into the leeks. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
very good stuff