Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This would be yummy with grilled fish.
- 6 medium leeks
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed, chopped
- 1 dash white pepper
- Remove roots from leeks but leave 4" of dark leaves. Split in half lengthwise and wash well.
- Combine leeks and chicken broth in a 12x8" pan. Cover with plastic wrap and poke holes for ventilation.
- Microwave for 8-10 minutes until tender, rearranging halfway through. Drain and set aside.
- Add lemon juice, dill and white pepper to melted margarine. Pour mixture over leeks and toss gently. Cover and microwave for 1-2 minutes.