This is from Cooking Light. Posting for ZWT3. Great Brittain or France.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large leeks
- 5 ounces reduced-fat reduced-sodium swiss cheese (4 slices, 1 1/4-ounce each ,such as Alpine Lace , cut in half lengthwise)
- 4 ounces lean ham (4 slices, 1 oz. each, cut in half lengthwise)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1Remove roots, outer leaves, and tops from leeks; leave 6 inches of each leek.
- 2Cut each in half crosswise. Steam, covered, 8 minutes or until tender.
- 3Wrap each leek half in 1 piece of cheese and 1 piece of ham.
- 4Place wrapped leeks, seam sides down, in an 8-inch square baking dish.
- 5Preheat oven to 450°.
- 6Place flour in a small saucepan; gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- 7Stir in broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 6 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- 8Reduce heat; stir in sherry, salt, and pepper. Pour sauce over wrapped leeks, and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- 9Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until golden.
- 10Arrange 2 wrapped leeks on each English muffin half; spoon sauce evenly over leeks.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leeks Cordon Bleu
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.1
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.7 mg
- Sodium 603.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat reduced-sodium swiss cheese
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth