Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from Cooking Light. Posting for ZWT3. Great Brittain or France.
Make and share this Leeks Cordon Bleu recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large leeks
- 5 ounces reduced-fat reduced-sodium swiss cheese (4 slices, 1 1/4-ounce each ,such as Alpine Lace , cut in half lengthwise)
- 4 ounces lean ham (4 slices, 1 oz. each, cut in half lengthwise)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- Remove roots, outer leaves, and tops from leeks; leave 6 inches of each leek.
- Cut each in half crosswise. Steam, covered, 8 minutes or until tender.
- Wrap each leek half in 1 piece of cheese and 1 piece of ham.
- Place wrapped leeks, seam sides down, in an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place flour in a small saucepan; gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- Stir in broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 6 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Reduce heat; stir in sherry, salt, and pepper. Pour sauce over wrapped leeks, and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Arrange 2 wrapped leeks on each English muffin half; spoon sauce evenly over leeks.