Recipe by mollypaul
Comfort food from the Deep South. This recipe derives from the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 12 leeks, chopped and cleaned very well
- 6 potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup white sauce (White Sauce (Cheesy or Not) Medium Sauce or your own recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook leeks in boiling water; boil and slice potatoes.
- Drain both very well.
- Arrange the vegetables in a baking dish and pour the white sauce over them.
- Add the cheese, bread crumbs and seasonings; bake at 350F for 15 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.