Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Comfort food from the Deep South. This recipe derives from the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 12 leeks, chopped and cleaned very well
- 6 potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup white sauce (White Sauce (Cheesy or Not) Medium Sauce or your own recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook leeks in boiling water; boil and slice potatoes.
- Drain both very well.
- Arrange the vegetables in a baking dish and pour the white sauce over them.
- Add the cheese, bread crumbs and seasonings; bake at 350F for 15 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
I love this recipe, instead I cooked the leeks hole and the potatoes halved. Then I sliced the leeks and the potatoes arranged in layers. My husband loved it, thanks.
I love leeks and this was very tasty. Needed to save some time, so I cooked the potatoes, sliced, along with the leeks. I wouldn't recommend doing it that way, as they turned a little to soft on me. Loved the white sauce on this and I used Muenster cheese as my choice. :)