1/3 Photos of Leeks and Parsnips: Sauteed or Creamed
This is good sauteed only OR creamed. Very easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium leeks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 4 medium parsnips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Clean the leeks and discard the dark green portions.
- 2Cut the leeks lengthwise then into one-inch pieces.
- 3Melt the butter in a medium skillet, med. heat.
- 4Add the garlic and fry 'til fragrant.
- 5Add leeks and fry until the leeks are tender, about 6-minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, peel and chunk the parsnips into one-inch pieces.
- 7Place in a steaming basket and steam 'til they are as tender as you prefer. I like them fork-tender. Drain parsnips and add to the skillet with the leeks. Add salt and pepper.
- 8Gently sautee together for 5-minutes.
- 9At this point you can serve it, OR continue on and cream it:.
- 10In a jar with a screw top, add the half-n-half and arrowroot. Shake 'til blended.
- 11Turn heat to low under the leeks and parsnips. Pour in the arrowroot mixture, stirring gently as you pour.
- 12If too thick, gradually add the water (or use milk if preferred). Let simmer for a couple of minutes. Taste to adjust seasoning, probably an additional 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 13Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leeks and Parsnips: Sauteed or Creamed
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.6
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 658.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: