Recipe by L. Duch
I came up with this on my own. I was inspired by a couple different leek recipes on. My touch is the rosemary, wine and bacon. Turned out delicious and thought I'd share. Delicious side dish.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Very good recipe with nice flavours. I don't usually have whipping cream on hand so I substituted yogurt. It seperated abit but the flavour was still great. I found the bacon salty enough so I didn't add any extra salt and it was perfect for us.
- 1 bunch leek, carefully cleaned and sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled, sliced and thinly sliced into circles
- 1 slice bacon, fried, crumpled and set aside
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings, reserved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1⁄2 pint heavy whipping cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using bacon drippings, sauté leeks, carrots and rosemary until leeks are opaque. About 15 minute.
- Deglaze pan with half of the wine and simmer until reduced and cooked into the leeks(about 10 minutes).
- Add the cream and simmer, covered, until leeks and carrots are tender.
- Add the remaining wine and bacon that had been set aside and simmer until reduced to desired consistency and tenderness.
- This takes me about 20 minutes as we like our leeks really tender, but the carrots turn out al-dente.
- **NOTE: If you prefer carrots that are softer, then parboil them prior to sautéing.
- The timing is an estimate as I really wasn't planning on posting this, but after we ate it I figured it deserved a place on here :-). ENJOY!