1 hr 15 mins
Adapted from Everybody Eats Well In Belgium for Zaar World Tour II
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Bake pie crust for 10 minutes or according to package directions, set aside.
- 3Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- 4Melt butter in medium sized saucepan.
- 5Add leeks, salt, pepper, and the wine. Cook, covered for 15 minutes. Do not let them brown.
- 6Saute bacon in skillet for 5 minutes over high heat.
- 7In a mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs together with the half and half. Season to to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Drain the leeks and spread them over the bottom of the pie.
- 8Sprinkle with bacon.
- 9Pour egg mixture over the leeks and sprinkle the grated cheese ove the top. Bake until the custard is set and a knife comes out clean about 20 minutes.
- 10Let the tart set for 10 minutes, before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek Tart (Pie)
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.3
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 148.9 mg
- Sodium 373.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 9.7 g