Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe I made up after looking for a comforting Lobster dish. Hope you enjoy!.
- 453.59 g refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls (2 8 ounce tubes, 12 large count or 16 regular count size)
- 170.09 g box Stove Top stuffing mix, Savory Herbs
- 118.29 ml butter (1 stick or 1/2 cup melted)
- 1 leek, c hooped whites and light greens only
- 177.44 ml water, depending on how moist you want the stuffing
- 22.18 ml olive oil
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 340.19 g can fat-free evaporated milk
- 9.85 ml seafood sauce (coctail sauce)
- 340.19 g package imitation lobster meat (or use fresh)
- 29.58 ml fresh chives (optional)
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and chop leeks and shallots. Set aside.
- Make stuffing by melting 1 stick butter then mixing with the dried stuffing mixture, water and chopped leeks.
- In a prepared (sprayed) 13 x 9 glass casserole dish, place 1 sheet crescent dough at the bottom of the dish. Layer stuffing mixture then place another crescent sheet on top of stuffing layer. If crescent sheets are not available, substitute the normal crescent roll dough uncut. An option here would be to stuff the mixture into crescent rolls and roll as normal for individual servings.
- Place into oven and cook until golden brown (about 20 minutes).
- While crescents are cooking, prepare the Lobster Butter Sauce. Begin to saute chopped shallots in a large pan for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and chopped garlic to saute pan and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk, seafood sauce and white pepper and bring to a boil (about 5 minutes).
- Add lobster to sauce and simmer about 5 minutes.
- To serve, top stuffed crescents (sliced or rolls) with lobster sauce and (optional) dried or fresh chives.