Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Works as a veggie main with crusty bread and a green salad or can be used to accompany lamb or chicken. Provides four of your five a day.
- 450 g peeled and seeded squash, sliced 1 cm thick
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 450 g leeks, cut on the diagonal
- 675 g tomatoes, skinned and sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground roasted cumin seeds
- 450 ml single cream (light cream)
- 1 red chile, deseeded and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fine breadcrumbs (brown or white)
- Heat oven to 190C / 375°F.
- Steam squash for 10 minutes.
- Heat half the oil and cook leeks for 5 minutes
- In an ovenproof dish layer squash, leeks and tomatoes in rows. Season if desired and add cumin.
- Heat cream with garlic and chilli. Bring to boil, stir in mint and add to veg.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Sprinkle on breadcrumbs and drizzle the rest of the oil over the top. Bake for another 15 - 20 mins until the breadcrumbs are brown.