1 hr 25 mins
I developed this recipe for a dinner party My wife and I were invited to in 1999. It is decedent, not low fat or ?healthy?. It was also a BIG hit
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth, reduced by half (or 3 cans condensed)
- 3 cups dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups leeks, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne fine
- 1 green bell pepper, julienne fine
- 1 head garlic, roasted
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 pints cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1Begin by preparing the roux.
- 2Melt the butter in a large stock pot.
- 3Add the cup of flower a little at a time whisking briskly to avoid lumps.
- 4After all the flower is in, continue to whisk and cook for at least 3 min.
- 5(5 is better).
- 6Add the 3 cups of 1/2 reduced chicken broth a little at a time wile continuing to whisk.
- 7as the roux thickens, add the 3 cups of wine a little at a time until all is incorporated.
- 8In a sauté pan, melt the 2 Tbs.
- 9of butter over medium heat, add the chopped leaks and sauté until tender but not browned and add to the roux.
- 10Next, add the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, head of Roasted garlic, parmesan cheese, soy-sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and honey.
- 11Let simmer for 1/2 hour stirring often.
- 12Lastly, with the heat low, stir in the cream and then the 1/2 cup butter to finish.
- 13Serve soon.
- 14this soup also keeps well refrigerated for up to a week.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek Soup with Roasted Garlic and Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.6
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.6 g
- Saturated Fat 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 140.8 mg
- Sodium 732.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 8.1 g