Recipe by aremac
I developed this recipe for a dinner party My wife and I were invited to in 1999. It is decedent, not low fat or ?healthy?. It was also a BIG hit
Top Review by HesterX
I just made this for my baby shower, and it was a great success! Loved the richness & depth of it. I admit being surprised how popular it was, & how it appealed to so many vastly different people. A stellar recipe.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth, reduced by half (or 3 cans condensed)
- 3 cups dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups leeks, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne fine
- 1 green bell pepper, julienne fine
- 1 head garlic, roasted
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄8 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 pints cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by preparing the roux.
- Melt the butter in a large stock pot.
- Add the cup of flower a little at a time whisking briskly to avoid lumps.
- After all the flower is in, continue to whisk and cook for at least 3 min.
- (5 is better).
- Add the 3 cups of 1/2 reduced chicken broth a little at a time wile continuing to whisk.
- as the roux thickens, add the 3 cups of wine a little at a time until all is incorporated.
- In a sauté pan, melt the 2 Tbs.
- of butter over medium heat, add the chopped leaks and sauté until tender but not browned and add to the roux.
- Next, add the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, head of Roasted garlic, parmesan cheese, soy-sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and honey.
- Let simmer for 1/2 hour stirring often.
- Lastly, with the heat low, stir in the cream and then the 1/2 cup butter to finish.
- Serve soon.
- this soup also keeps well refrigerated for up to a week.