Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Source: Taste of Home
- 6 medium leeks, white portion only thinly sliced
- 226.79 g sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml dried tarragon
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 29.58 ml butter, softened, divided
- 29.57 ml butter, softened, divided
- 36.96 ml all-purpose flour
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml heavy whipping cream
- 12 slice French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 226.79 g brie cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- In a Dutch oven, saute the leeks, mushrooms, garlic, tarragon and pepper in 2 tablespoons butter for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and cream.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Lightly toast bread on a baking sheet.
- Spread one side of each slice with 1/2 teaspoon butter.
- Place Brie on buttered side of toasts.
- Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Ladle soup into six 8-oz. bowls; place two toasts in each bowl.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Yummo! Beautifully creamy soup that's also substantial because of the quantity of vegies. The brie toasts were a very nice touch to top it all off.
Wow, Mom2Rose what a great soup. We loved it. So quick and easy to make, resulting in a thick, creamy flavorful soup. Loved the brie toast, it worked so well with the soup. Thanks for sharing a recipe that i will make again.