1/3 Photos of Leek Soup With Brie Toasts
Source: Taste of Home
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium leeks, white portion only thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 6 teaspoons butter, softened, divided
- 7 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 8 ounces brie cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1In a Dutch oven, saute the leeks, mushrooms, garlic, tarragon and pepper in 2 tablespoons butter for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and cream.
- 3Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4Lightly toast bread on a baking sheet.
- 5Spread one side of each slice with 1/2 teaspoon butter.
- 6Place Brie on buttered side of toasts.
- 7Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 8Ladle soup into six 8-oz. bowls; place two toasts in each bowl.
- 9Yield: 6 servings.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek Soup With Brie Toasts
Serving Size: 1 (488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.8
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 85.2 mg
- Sodium 1487.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 29.5 g