Recipe by Bergy
This is an atttractive, different style of salad. The preparation time includes the resting time
- 4 leeks, green top except for 1 inchremoved,root removed except for thin sliver left to hold the leek togethe
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomatoes
- 12 black pitted olives (or more)
- 1 sprig mint, for garnish
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lite olive oil (or virgin)
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the leeks for apprx 8 minutes or until tender, drain& dry thoroughly.
- Meanwhile in a bowl combine the onion,lemon juice, mustard, sugar, pepper& mint.
- Whisk in the oil in a slow steady stream.
- Arrange warm leeks on a serving platter.
- Pour the vinaigrette so it covers all parts of the leek, Sprinkle the tomatoes over top, arrange the olives.
- Leave at room temp for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.