Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe originates in Wales. From Classic International Recipes. Use only the white and light green portions of the leeks.....I couldn't include that in the ingredients for some reason. Prep and cook time does not include the one hour chilling time.
- 8 medium leeks, sliced 1/2 inch thick (2 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 78.07 ml salad oil or 78.07 ml olive oil
- 78.07 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml parsley, snipped
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml dried tarragon, crushed
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- Soak the leeks to remove all dirt before slicing. Slice the white and light green portions of the leeks. In a covered saucepan, cook the leeks in a small amount of boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and cool.
- Cut tomatoes into thin wedges.
- Combine the leeks, tomato wedges, and chopped hard-boiled egg.
- For the dressing, combine the remaining ingredients in a jar. Cover and shake to mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the salad. Toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Drain the salad before serving.
Very nice salad. Love the leeks mild flavour.
Delish!! I left out the hard boiled egg. Loved the flavors. What a great way to have leeks! Made for ZWT 2012 by a Herbaceous Curvaceous Honey!