1/1 Photo of Leek Salad
This recipe originates in Wales. From Classic International Recipes. Use only the white and light green portions of the leeks.....I couldn't include that in the ingredients for some reason. Prep and cook time does not include the one hour chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 medium leeks, sliced 1/2 inch thick (2 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1/3 cup salad oil or 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Soak the leeks to remove all dirt before slicing. Slice the white and light green portions of the leeks. In a covered saucepan, cook the leeks in a small amount of boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and cool.
- 2Cut tomatoes into thin wedges.
- 3Combine the leeks, tomato wedges, and chopped hard-boiled egg.
- 4For the dressing, combine the remaining ingredients in a jar. Cover and shake to mix well.
- 5Pour the mixture over the salad. Toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Drain the salad before serving.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek Salad
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.8
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 70.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g