Recipe by breezermom
This recipe originates in Wales. From Classic International Recipes. Use only the white and light green portions of the leeks.....I couldn't include that in the ingredients for some reason. Prep and cook time does not include the one hour chilling time.
- 8 medium leeks, sliced 1/2 inch thick (2 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil or 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the leeks to remove all dirt before slicing. Slice the white and light green portions of the leeks. In a covered saucepan, cook the leeks in a small amount of boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and cool.
- Cut tomatoes into thin wedges.
- Combine the leeks, tomato wedges, and chopped hard-boiled egg.
- For the dressing, combine the remaining ingredients in a jar. Cover and shake to mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the salad. Toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Drain the salad before serving.